How Does the Auto Transport Process Work to Efficiently Deliver Your Freight?
The auto transport companies are expertized to move your vehicle safely and efficiently. Generally, you can choose to transport by road, sea, or air depending upon your budget, time, and item value. The transport companies are also capable of moving all kinds of vehicles, industrial equipment, auctions, boats, business relocations, and much more with their skilled freight professionals.
Before you hire a shipping company, you must research to know about the working of the shipping process. This will help you to make better and rightful decisions to get trusted and affordable shipping services. There are several car shipping companies in the United States, but not all of them provide a high-quality service.
Ship A Car, Inc. has been providing the highest level of vehicle shipping and freight transportation services across the United States for more than 30 years. They stand by all FMCSA guidelines and have 5-star reviews on all major review sites. They provide you with a dedicated transport coordinator, who keeps updating you with every single movement of your shipment. They are headquartered in Florida and operate through their online portal.
Here is the entire process involved in getting your vehicle shipped across any location.
- Research for the shipping company
You must research online for the best company that has been in the shipping business for a longer time. They must have good service reviews from their past customers. You need to check the validity of their service license and insurance policies. Consult your friends and family for a reference for a reliable and trusted company.
- Get several quotes
After you have sorted some top companies, fill their online quote form with detailed and accurate information to get some competitive quotes instantly. Remember that paying a low cost can be risky, but overpaying can make you feel silly. So, choose a service that fulfills your requirement.
Generally, shipping costs may vary based on the following factors –
- Size and weight of your vehicle.
- Distance between the source and destination located.
- The time of the year that values demand and supply factors.
- Type of carrier (open or enclosed) and service (door-to-door or door-to-terminal) you require.
- Working condition of your vehicle.
- Prepare your car for pickup
Once you have finalized your shipper and signed the shipping agreement, you need to prepare your car before the shipper arrives for pickup.
- Clean the outside of your car to remove all dust, dirt, and grime.
- Inspect carefully for any pre-shipment damages and leakages. Take clear photos from all directions. This will help you to register claims for any transit damages.
- Switch off alarms and other electrical items. Remove all your valuables from inside the car.
The shipper’s inspector will provide a duly signed Bill of Lading as your car’s final inspection report.
- Receive your car at its destination
The shipper will inform you about your car’s arrival at its destination well in advance. After your car is unloaded from the carrier, another inspection is done on the same Bill of Lading used for pickup and, you need to pay the balance amount.